PRCCG (Peterborough Rape Crisis Care Group)
Offering free, confidential and non-judgemental specialist support services for survivors who have experienced any form of sexual violence at any time in their lives.
Statement from the CEO
Peterborough Rape Crisis understand the real potential for the current situation with COVID-19 to cause anxiety and concern for many, not least of all those processing trauma and living with the impacts of sexual violence and abuse. Ensuring the health, safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers and the survivors we support is our number one priority.
Following the ongoing developments of the Covid-19 virus and guidance from the Government, Peterborough Rape Crisis have had to make the very difficult decision to suspend work from our offices for the foreseeable future. These measures mean that all our staff will be working in confidential spaces from home, using their emails and mobiles to keep in touch with those currently accessing our services. Please be assured that we have the highest level of security and encryption on our cloud-based platforms and will continue to ensure records and data are kept in line with General Data Protection Regulations.
Some key points of information:
- Our specialist volunteers are currently unable to provide our Helpline service, however we are working hard to introduce our cloud-based telephone system as soon as possible
- Online referrals through our website can continue to be made for those needing to access our Independent Sexual Violence Advocacy service however we would appreciate your patience as it may take longer than usual for us to respond
- Our generic email address will continue to be monitored but again, please bear with us as it may take us a little longer to respond to your queries. This email address is email@example.com
- The RCEW Live Chat helpline is currently available as usual www.rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/live-chat-helpline/
- There are also a range of self-help resources available on our website for those who would like them https://www.prccg.org.uk/information-and-resources/
Whatever happens, we want victims and survivors of rape, child sexual abuse and all forms of sexual violence to know that we are still here, and you are not alone.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Peterborough Rape Crisis Care Group
We treat all calls equally, sensitively and confidentially, appreciating the courage required to break silence, overcome guilt and threats, and share the events of the past whether they happened days or years ago.
This website will help you find information about our services, about rape and sexual abuse, about helping and being helped.
Information & Resources
What is Sexual Violence
“The support I received was amazing and helped me feel like a normal person.”
“PRCCG offered kindness, sensitivity and understanding of everything I have been through.”
“The freedom of being able to talk about how I feel openly without judgement.”
PRCCG offer a confidential Helpline for women and girls who have experienced any form of sexual violence at any time of their lives.
Rape Crisis England & Wales – Live Chat Helpline
The Rape Crisis England & Wales (RCEW) Live Chat Helpline offers a text-based service for women and girls who have experienced sexual violence.
The Live Chat Helpline operators are there are there to listen and offer you emotional support for up to 30 minutes. You can talk about what happened to you, how you feel, and any difficulties you are facing.
To access the service, or find out more information, including opening times, please visit the website.